Bio of Dr. Kahn, Cosmetic Surgeon
With over 30 years of experience as a cosmetic surgeon, Dr. David Kahn has performed over 7,000 procedures and has even refined some of today’s most popular procedures, like the New Lift. He is a surgeon’s surgeon and has been working exclusively in cosmetic surgery since 1978, maintaining an impeccable safety record ever since.
Highlights of Dr. Kahn’s career as a cosmetic surgeon:
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California School of Medicine, 1978-1982
- M.D., University of Michigan (a top 10 medical school), 1970
- Fellowship in Facial Cosmetic Surgery, Wayne State University, 1977-1978
- Residency, Head and Neck, Facial Plastic Surgery, Otolaryngology, University of Southern California Medical Center, 1971-1975.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan, 1962
- Internship, Highland Alameda Hospital, Oakland, California, 1970-1971
- Staff Member, St. Mary’s Hospital, San Francisco, California
- Member, San Francisco Medical Society
- Member, California Medical Society
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Certified, Otolaryngology. Over 7,000 cosmetic procedures performed since then, spanning all types of procedures and specializing in nose surgery/artistry.
He has been asked to appear numerous times on television and has lectured other plastic surgeons on his new and innovative techniques, including forms of closed nasal rhinoplasty.
Dr. Kahn is an accomplished jazz pianist and has performed in various venues in the San Francisco Bay area. He and his wife, an oil painter, have made their home in the Bay area for over twenty-five years.